Saturday, October 13, 2012

Allegany County Artisans Tour

This weekend is the annual Artisans Tour of studios and galleries in Allegany County, NY - where I grew up. Wish I were there! Just the thought of driving over the country roads, through the autumn woods with their sugar maple reds and yellows brings tinges of years past to my mind.  And the extraordinary variety of artists (over 40) and art to be seen on this route is really amazing. Pottery, wood carving, textile art and, of course, lots of painting - the spectrum is impressive. (Maybe the relaxed atmosphere and clear air are conducive to creativity?) Yes, I'm a bit prejudiced. Have a look here:                                   http://www.alleganyartisans.com/

Meanwhile, here on the other side of the Atlantic, I will undoubtedly also be swinging my paint brushes.
 
 One of my autumn favorites is the hydrangea. The flowers turn such lovely shades of rose and warm brown. It is a challenge to try to capture their subtle beauty.

Autumn Beauty

. . . and my thought for the day:
      The pessimist complains about the wind. An optimist expects it to change. And
      the realist adjusts the sails.
                                                                         Willliam Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment