Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Open House in October

The days really seem to fly by. I know, it is a common plaint that there are never quite enough hours in the day . . . . ahh. . . I'm thinking, though, that just yesterday it was late summer and today the calendar says mid October - and I still haven't had the opportunity to go for a long walk in the woods and shuffle through the fallen leaves. I'm reminded of years of raking, cleaning up the garden, even burning leaves at streetside and kids jumping into leaf piles. Memories are wonderful, aren't they?

Outdoor activities have been kept to a minimum this week in Berlin for a couple of reasons. First, the weather hasn't been cooperative and, more relevant for me, preparations for the upcoming open house in my studio have kept me busy.
OK. . . .This chaos in the studio is merely a sign of the creative process (please don't laugh). By Saturday it will all be orderly. In the meantime, there is a lot of painting, matting and framing to be done. This is my labor of love - not to be traded for anything. I can only hope that my endeavors connect with the visitors in my studio this weekend. Amen.



Herringbones
.

If you are in Berlin this weekend, you are most welcome to drop by the studio; all are welcome. It will be a grand event.

No comments:

Post a Comment